Friday, November 18, 2016

Welcome!

    Hey there -- my name is Cindy.



I grew up on a small farm in central Michigan, not far from the Big City. (Grand Rapids)

We never had much money, but that didn't stop us from eating good.  (Yes, fellow English majors, I know I'm supposed to use 'well' -- but that food was GOOD.)

I was fortunate to grow up with resourceful grandmas, aunts, uncles and my mom. People who knew how to grow delicious food, and stretch what they had to feed a houseful of kids, pets -- and often relatives and friends, who'd wandered in at suppertime: "We thought we'd stop by to say hello," murmured hungrily.

And they all got fed. Well-fed.

Now I live in the flatlands of Colorado, with the Brick, two hungry dogs and a coop-ful of chickens. Our daughters and a boatload of friends often visit. And it seems like they're always hungry!

I've learned a lot in 5+ decades of cooking on a small budget.  And I want to share it with you.

WELCOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment